I have done cake decorating and deserts for a while, I did not go to school for it but I have to say some of the things I do I am really proud of and one of them are my delicious chocolate covered strawberries! So here is a simple way to save money and have a delicious snack. Great to serve or gift!
What you need:
2-3 bags of Candy Melts
Fresh Strawberries (Washed and Dried)
(You can also use other fruits, pretzels, or cookies)
Wilton Piping Bag
2-3 Glass Microwavable Container
You will use these to melt the chocolate
Wax Paper or Parchment Paper
This is very easy and affordable.
1. Like I mention I buy the strawberries wash them and dry them really well.
2. I set up my different candy melts in a glass container and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until they are completely melted. I use candy melts because they are fast to dry and best to melt.
3. Dip the strawberries in one color of chocolate. Set to dry on wax/parchment paper.
4. Once they are dried you can melt a bit of chocolate and put inside the piping bag. The Wilton brand I use do not have a whole so these are great depending on the design you want them to be.
5. Let them to dry and you are all set. Wait at least 15 minutes to eat to allow the chocolate to harden!